So much to love in Lovettsville.
THE HISTORY OF LOVETTSVILLE
Nearly three hundred years old and two miles south of the Potomac River, Lovettsville is a thriving Virginia town that sinks deep German roots into rich American topsoil. The northernmost town in Loudoun County, Lovettsville is a small community by Northern Virginia standards, but you’ll be hardpressed to find one more active and inviting. After all, there’s a reason why the town’s Business and Tourism Committee chants, “We’re IN Lovettsville!”; they make it pretty easy to dig in, branch out, and set down a few roots of your own.
- Unlike much of Loudoun County, which was settled from the south and east, Lovettsville was settled by families who had trekked from New York and Pennsylvania as early as 1722, creating a lasting bond with those northward.
- During the Civil War, the Lovettsville area helped form the only organized military unit from the present state of Virginia to fight for the United States of America. They were known as the Independent Loudoun Virginia Rangers.
- In 2012, the town of Lovettsville was listed on the National Register of Historic Places for making a significant contribution to our nation’s history.
THE HOME STRETCH
Population: 1,869 (as of 2014)
Distance to Washington, D.C.: 55 miles to the heart of D.C. (50-60 minutes to the Beltway at posted speeds).
Traffic Patterns: Because commutes to D.C. average about 90 minutes in light to moderate traffic conditions, several Lovettsville residents choose to board the MARC Train in Brunswick Maryland, just two miles away. This hands-free transportation option allows for multitasking and predictability; two things commuters could use.
Community Support: The Lovettsville Volunteer Fire and Rescue Company is staffed by volunteers and supported by Loudoun County. Law enforcement is provided by the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Department and the Virginia State Police.
Additional City Resources:
Lovettsville boasts a strong German heritage, but one that doesn’t take itself too seriously.
- Lovettsville Oktoberfest: Typically held the last weekend of September, the Lovettsville Oktoberfest celebrates its German heritage with food, music, family-friendly activities, and, of course, beer. Most of the event is free to the public, and all of it is worth the trip.
- Lovettsville Mayfest: The Lovettsville Mayfest ensures you’ll always have something to do over Memorial Day Weekend in Loudoun County. This All-American town picnic features family-friendly activities, food, and music while toasting the season of spring with the best of local wineries and breweries.
- Bezerkle on the Squirkle: If this 5k Fun Run sounds silly, it’s because it is. In a 27-lap run around the Town Square, the fastest participants won’t win any awards, unless they also wear the funniest hat, push the best-decorated stroller, or leashed with the best-dressed dog. This is one January 1st tradition that’s sure to start off the year on the right foot.
- Lovettsville Movies on the Green: Saturdays during the summer find many Lovettsville folks outdoors, watching great American movie classics at the Walker Pavilion.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE
The same community spirit that created Lovettsville is still alive and well in the town today, and we’re not just talking German beverage traditions. Lovettsville is the small town that never naps; it is firmly committed to attracting and growing its business community as well as its neighborhoods. Its city parks are constantly being improved, including the recent partnership with Loudoun County to form the Lovettsville Community Park, a 90-acre park project that will be home to ball fields, an off-leash dog park, walking trails, and equestrian riding.
It’s true there is a lot to love about Lovettsville, including the wide variety of homes and lot sizes available, from houses with historic charm and mature trees to new construction that embraces the wide Virginia sky.
“Whether you are visiting, renting, or buying, it’s hard to beat Lovettsville hospitality. Community events are well attended, even by neighbors who live in another state. If you find yourself driving around or through the town, make sure to have lunch at Market Table Bistro or Patowmack Restaurant and don’t forget stopCreek’s Edge Winery with the most amazing view and [Here] and [Here] while you’re in the area. You won’t find this combination of food and [food? Wwine?] like this anywhere else in Loudoun County.” Naomi Hattaway
FEATURED LOVETTSVILLE HOMES FOR SALE
Whether you are buying or renting a home in Lovettsville, we have the latest listings at your fingertips.
Sorry, but we couldn't find any results in the MLS that match the specified search criteria.
Loudoun County Living
At 8th & Home, we help people find the addresses they can’t wait to build a life around, whether they buy, rent, or sell a home in Loudoun County. Our real estate network is extensive, professional, and efficient; you’ll feel the difference from the beginning searches to the final signatures.
Let’s get started.